The Plaquemines Historical Association Inc. is a non-profit, non-political, educational, and local community-based organization dedicated to preserving history and historical sites.Its membership focuses on one or more interest areas:
- Community and service projects and cultural tours.
- The study of local history
- Restoration and preservation of local historical sites
- Local genealogical history
- Collection of early images of Plaquemines
Meetings are held on the 1st Tuesday of each month January through November unless the date falls on a national holiday. December meetings are dinner meetings with the installation of officers by reservation only. Guest speakers of local and regional interest present at each meeting. Topics and speakers are put on Plaquemines Historical Association Facebook page and published in the Plaquemines Gazette monthly. Admission is free and the public is always invited. Dress is business casual.
Address: American Legion Hall at 104 Hunt Street, Belle Chasse, LA
Time: 6:30 p.m.